Who has ever thought that video games – a form of entertainment – can improve the mind of those people who play them! The truth is that among all the cool graphics, superb music, and breathtaking plots, educational opportunities are abundant – and to find them, they only need to look a bit closer.
1.The video game improves strategic thinking. Rarely is a video game in which a player does not need to take decisions two or three steps ahead of the current situation. With constant play, the players quickly learn the benefits of strategic thinking and they begin to apply it on real-world occasions.
2. Improve video game problem solving. Although this can be said about any sport, video game has proved in the study after studying to improve the problem of problem solving. This is because most (if not all) games are centered around a problem and then challenge the player to solve it. In only one game, a player can solve three or more hundred or more different problems.
3. Video games improve hand and eye coordination. If you find it difficult to believe, then choose a game controller and try to maneuver it around the game. Manipulating the game controller demands the same skills that the computer takes to maneuver the mouse around the screen.
4. Video games facilitate quick decision-making. A quality of video game that lends itself to quick decisions, is its stern condition The element of surprise always happens around the corner and it makes the game exciting to play. Although to win, players should be able to make smart decisions within very short time.
5. Video games feed fantasy. We do not really understand the argument against things like television, video, and gaming, where people use a lack of imagination to support their part of the debate. Some people claim that video games take away from imagination because games supply brain with things rather than encouraging things to come with them. Keep in mind that these are the same people who say that a lot of blocks are enough to increase the imagination of a child. Of course we will not disagree much more. Imagery in the video game only fills the imagination and gives it a spring board to make it a new possibility which may not have happened otherwise.
6. Encourage video game exploration. In the role-playing games, players should get out of the beaten path and find the unknown. Without knowing this, they will have to open the door behind them. They have to enter the areas of the game without knowing the result. And they have to interact with the characters they have never met before. Inside of these special types of sports, the opportunity to mobilize courage in the inventor unknown area is not available right now, it is necessary.
7. Video game implements memorization. Another feature of the video game is its strong effect on memory. The area painted within some of these games is very big, yet it can be cumbersome to reach the map and can be disruptive for the game. To compensate, gamers will not only remember a large part of the area, they will remember the necessary tasks to achieve specific areas.
8. Video game teaches results. All computer and video games operate with an “action-response” principle. Do something, and the game will react. This is a great opportunity to know about the result – whether this opportunity was experienced from a gamer’s perspective or from a programmer’s perspective.
9. Video games teach patience, dedication and endurance. No great game can be won in one day. In fact, some of the best and most popular games take weeks or months to finish.
There are some educational opportunities hidden inside these video and computer games. After close examination, we are sure that you can find more than just hours of fun and awe.